Thursday, April 8, 2010

Darwin's Bastards Launch

How do you follow up a novel about ancient Greece? With a short story about an alien, of course: rocket ship, robes, exoskeleton and all. I'm so pleased to have my short story "Remote Control" (first published in Geist magazine in 2000) in the brand new collection Darwin's Bastards: Astounding Tales from Tomorrow, published by Douglas and MacIntyre. The launch will be on Friday, April 16 at the Wise Hall and will feature readings / performances by Laura Trunkey, Anosh Irani, Jay Brown, Paul Carlucci, Oliver Kellhammer, Lee Henderson, Adam Lewis Schroeder, Timothy Taylor, Zsuzsi Gartner (mistress of ceremonies), and me. Costumes encouraged (not by me, particularly; I'm just repeating what I'm told). For more information about the launch, please click here. See you there!

1 comment:

HConn said...

Hi Annabel, I heard your talk at the Arts Centre in Sechelt and loved it. I was wondering if you'd be interested in giving an informal talk on ethics in September in Vancouver for the Workplace Centre for Spiritual and Ethical Development (www.workplacecentre.org). I'm on the board and am a writer/editor and writing instructor. Please call me at 1-800-601-5611 to discuss if you're interested. Thanks.
Heather Conn